Monday, August 24, 2009

If you are bitter... SHUT UP!

It is my humble (and accurate) opinion that if you are mad at the world, bitter, or just full of hate you have three options:

1. Turn it into kick ass comedy and make a contribution to society.

2. Change your outlook/attitude on life.

3. Suck it up and Shut your mouth!

It's your fault life isn't working out the way you want it to. I can say this because every proactive person I know is both happy, and they have achieved some measure of success in life. Bad things happen to good people, we all make mistakes and messes. This being said, if your way of handling the lemons life hands you is to cut 'em in half and suck one down while simultaneously smashing the other half in some one's face you should probably grow up some and learn to have some fun.

The real fact of the matter is there are some catastrophic things that will happen in your life that you will have zero control over in any way, shape or form. Complaining makes you feel better about it. Complaining is totally OK (I'm complaining right now.) Harboring a ridiculous amount of anger and taking it out on everyone or harboring tons of bitterness and just gossiping horrible things behind some one's back is ridiculous.

Just learn to laugh off the inevitable and clean up the messes. Move forward and be nice. I know it's fair to say that if you are bitter you aren't making life any easier on yourself and you are destroying any chance of growing your social circle because grumpy people suck!

This blog post just made me a social genius. You're welcome society.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out! It's totally true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTF? I tried to comment here yesterday. Why does your blog hate me? Meanwhile, well said and very true. I knew I liked you. Better not lie to me.

    ReplyDelete